Projected to open in May 2013, The Tallahassee Memorial Emergency Center - Northeast is the newest development of the TMH family. It is designed to take care of every emergency with an emphasis on pediatric and geriatric patients. This is a three story freestanding Emergency Center that will be located near the intersection of I-10 and Thomasville Road.
The Tallahassee Memorial Emergency Center - Northeast will be equipped to handle any emergency situation and built with special consideration for both our pediatric and geriatric patients and their families.
This new facility will be designed with our community in mind, conveniently located with ample parking and the following features:
- 24-hour security, inside and outside, 7 days a week
- All Board Certified Emergency Physicians
- State-of-the-art, high touch, concierge emergency medicine
- On-premise laboratory, imaging and diagnostic services
- Separate Pediatric entrance and waiting area
- Emergency areas tailored to meet the needs of senior patients
- Environment scientifically designed to reduce anxiety and improve comfort
- Online pre-registration service
This position will begin employment in the Core Laboratory until the opening of the Tallahassee Memorial Emergency Center - Northeast.
Position Summary: Perform a full range of moderate to high complexity testing and reports results. Confirms the accuracy and precision of test results and reports laboratory findings to the pathologist and other physicians on a timely basis. Must have complete understanding of testing procedures and the theoretical knowledge to be able to interpret results and to troubleshoot problems encountered during testing.
Education: Associate Degree in Medical Technology required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
License: State of Florida Technologist License in Microbiology, Serology, Clinical Chemistry and Hematology
Please note: The TMH Emergency Northeast is a Smoker-Free facility.
Placement at the facility is contingent upon negative nicotine testing results.